Holiday Drinks ♡ Twenty Thirteen


This upcoming week is the dreaded FINALS week for my school, so I decided to do a quick DIY for peppermint hot cocoa for a cute, holiday study drink (which my roommates and I will probably be drinking for the next few days with shots of caffeine instead of cocoa lol..). 

Lezgo.

Ingredients 


01. Powdered Hot Cocoa : I prefer Swiss Miss, but you can use anything. I just have the variety pack here but I used the Milk Chocolate
02. Whole Milk : Self explanatory
03. Jet-Puffed Marshmallows: I actually prefer the smaller ones but I grabbed these instead.. either way, this is optional.
04. Reddi Wip : For decoration, and froffy-ness... (why is "whip" even spelled like that?)
05. Candy Canes : I just got the 12 pack, some for the hot chocolate and some for garnish


Pop the Milk Chocolate cocoa powder into a mug!


Take about 3/4 of a cup of whole milk and warm it up on medium. (Keep stirring this and make sure it's not too hot cause you don't want your milk to curdle at the bottom!)


Crush up and break some candy canes and add them into the cocoa powder that you have sitting in the mug. I used two whole candy canes for this part!


Once your milk is hot enough, add it to the candy-cane and cocoa powder mixture and stir that up really well.


Optional, but I added 3 big marshmallows to the top of that after it was mixed really well.


Finally, whipped cream! (totally optional again)


To finish it off, I just broke up some more candy canes for garnish!


Happy studying to all you college folkkkk !

"Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie
Which we ascribe to Heaven."

[All's Well That Ends Well 1.1]

Cheers! x

0 comments:

Post a Comment