4 | 16 | 13 

I can't recall another time within the past few weeks that has been this busy. Alas, school is winding down, thankfully, and I'll have a lot more time to blog..... hopefully.
It was SO incredibly warm in NYC last week, and I couldn't help but give in to wearing summer shorts....


Vest: Forever 21
Shorts: Forever 21
Bow: American Apparel
Sneakers: Converse Chuck Taylor High Tops

Yay for hopefully more outfits like this.

Thespian wise,
This week I was also able to see my fabulous friend Taylor, in the Vagina Monologues. I'd never seen the show before, and I wasn't exactly sure to expect- but I really was surprised and a bit blown away by the feeling I was left with. Of course, it's a pretty hilarious show, and I admired the directors bold choices and use of color in its style, but I really felt that the cast was also able to maintain the seriousness of its true message.
Plus, I really really adored the way they did the program. The makeup artist in me was beaming as I was handed a program....


How cute with the lipsticks, right?!
Point being, amazing job to Taylor and the rest of the cast :)

I also just felt the need to share this incredibly awkward close up that was taken this weekend.
You're welcome.


On a more serious note, I wanted to address something that's important to this day. If you have an Instagram or Twitter and have been checking it today, you've probably noticed the "#semicolonproject416" tag trending. 
The post reads::

[Taken from Twitter]

I felt the need to address this because this is an incredibly serious issue that I've been exposed to in more ways than one in the past 2 years. Words cannot express my feelings towards all of the individuals that have been affected from self harm, suicide, and depression. I've always heard about kids suffering from things like this on the news, in the papers, and in articles and stories that I came across. 
Never did I realize how much of a huge impact these things have on such a large community of individuals. Never have I also realized that more people suffer from these things than I ever could have imagined. This is a real thing that real people deal with. And, it stings more than anything in the world. 

Because of these things I have witnessed and heard about, I decided to post a photo with a drawn semi colon on my wrist...


So, as I have Tweeted, Instagrammed, and now blogged, this photo is for the kids who have struggled or still do struggle. If you know any one who has suffered because of these reasons, please do pass on the semicolon project. 
Everyone has to be reminded that they are loved.
 So, remind them.

"The time of life is short;
To spend that shortness basely were too long
If life did ride upon a dial’s point,
Still ending at the arrival of an hour.
An if we live, we live to tread on kings;
If die, brave death, when princes die with us.
Now, for our consciences, the arms are fair
When the intent of bearing them is just."
[Henry IV 5.81-88]


Cheers, x
-A

P.S I hated this song at first, but now it's kinda catchy....



0 comments:

Post a Comment