Does this mean I wasn't a blog[ger] before?

2 | 20 | 2013 ♡

So, I decided to create... yup.. a lifestyle blog. It's really just an excuse to teach myself how to use blogspot.... (for the record, autocorrect on my Macbook just changed 'blogspot' to 'bloodspot'.. frightening? yes). But I write. And I never really got the chance to share my thoughts on any of my Tumblr's before. Well, when I was younger- I did, and I got in trouble by a fellow 15 year old while just expressing my thoughts... long story...
But, enough about the past.... What's past is prologue ? In that case, I sure hope not.

I  decided to jump on the Blogspot wagon, I can feel the Tumblr blood in me running cold.
I decided to create this as a way to share my thoughts, my life, my opinions, and my photography.
I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.
But most importantly, I solemnly swear not to post boring things. I guess. I promise to keep my reader/viewer entertained. I promise to make sure my format is pretty. I promise to inspire you- that's my goal. So here I go. 

I also, promise to end every post with some sort of Shakespeare quote.

Disclaimer: I'm aware that I'm ridiculous ;)

Today, I was dragged to a place called, "Dave & Busters." Sounds horrible already, right?
But more so, it was smack in the middle of Times Square, not every New Yorker's favorite place. But then again, there is something quite reverent about it.

I entered in kicking and screaming, but left with a bit of a smile on my face.

Fortunately, the experience wasn't too bad. Arcades are not my preferable place to be, however;  I got to take some photography, play some ridiculous games, and be a kid for about an hour and a half. [Something one can probably only accomplish at Dave & Buster's.]


Otherwise, it reminded me to let loose, stop being self aware, and just enjoy the reverie of kiddish lights and buzzes popping out from every corner.


Then I realized Dave & Buster's actually gave me something insightful. Could the Spin-n-Win somehow be metaphorical for life?
And, would that be considered cliché? I believe so. 
[Insert previous disclaimer]

So, maybe going to Dave& Buster's wasn't that deep, but it was fun. And a nice way to recharge my battery. Maybe I'll do it again sometime.

Sweet are the uses of adversity,
Which, like the toad, ugly and venomous,
Wears yet a precious jewel in his head;
And this our life, exempt from public haunt,
Finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks,
Sermons in stones, and good in everything.
[As You Like It, 2.1.12-17]


Cheers, x
-A


0 comments:

Post a Comment